Friday, October 3, 2008

Inspiration and Design


Inspiration and Design


When I sit down and start sketching out a new design of mine for fun, I usually do so when the mood strikes me. This means when I'm outside and I see something in nature that I find beautiful and inspires me, I get my sketch pad and pencil and I start drawing. I find my inspiration in the flowers, leaves and simplicity of the trees. The simplest form of nature can capture your eye and make you think of a beautiful piece of clothing that can come from it. When I was walking through the woods with my sister and dog I got inspired by the way the autumn wind blow the leaves on the trees. So I immediately thought of a wide leg trouser pant that would emulate the length of the trees and a flowing Shaw wrap that resembles the tops of the trees. The argyle print tied the look together for this fall look. So whenever the mood strikes me to pick up a pencil and piece of paper I sketch exactly whats on my mind at the time and start drawing.

No comments: